Make My Blinds (part of Mzuri Group)
Leading supplier of custom-made window blinds in the United Kingdom
Make My Blind’s history started in 2015. Over the following years, the company grew tremendously – from a small business into a leader in the UK market of custom-made window blinds and a part of Mzuri Group.
The best sales during Black Friday in 2021
Opened one more
Started working with
a new factory
Site performance significantly improved
During the first stage, GoMage had one clear goal – solve the mystery of website performance problems. Our code detectives took a complex approach to track down the slightest issues that interfere with website operations:
- Critical issues that prevented full page caching across all website pages
- Unnecessary code
- Unused modules that slowed down the website
- Outdated JS libraries
Server response time reduced from 2 seconds to 100-150 milliseconds
Website speed check by Google Lighthouse boosted from 45 to 92 points
Overall x2 times website speed increase
The second stage was dedicated to Magento 2 custom development and website functionality improvements. We delivered a number of innovations to improve customer experience and automate some mundane tasks.
- Blog migration to Magefan and module customization
- Algolia Search implementation and customization
- Direct integration with suppliers
- 24/7 Magento support
- Blog pageviews increased by 121,450.00%
- Average time on page increased by 511.51%
- Highly customized website search that speeds up product search for customers
- System that automatically sends orders to suppliers as soon as customers place them on the Make My Blinds website
- x3 faster delivery and deployment
- 45% traffic increase
- 47% growth of unique page views
We are satisfied with the results of the deliverables. GoMage improved the website speed and saved hours of manual processing time! They are experts in the Magento field who provide transparency throughout all project stages.James Taylor
In 2021, Make My Blinds joined Mzuri Group, a global luxury window coverings group with over 40 years of successful history. Mzuri Group is made of 12 companies from all over the world with over 1500 people.
Make My Blinds became a single development center for the whole Mzuri Group. Thanks to the exemplary work done in cooperation with our client, it all became possible.
The GoMage team received a new and ambitious task – to improve the whole system of Make My Blinds and make it reusable for all websites of Mzuri Group.
GoMage performed a lot of tasks to achieve the goal. We started off with the website upgrade from Magento 2.2.5 to Magento 2.4.2. The task involved a lot of work dedicated to making all functionality, installed extensions, and other solutions compatible with the latest Magento 2 update. As a part of the update, we performed Magento, PHP, server, and database checks to ensure protection and compliance with security standards.
We customized Algolia and expanded its functionality beyond website search. Now Algolia also powers product filtering.
Every product filter is a single Magento attribute, which allows Algolia to build a unique webpage URL based on selected parameters. It helped to solve the problem with repeating URLs that harmed website SEO.
- More landing pages indexed by Google
- Boosted SEO thanks to more unique website pages
New integration with suppliers
The system was reworked and improved to meet business requirements better. Now the solution allows tracking all orders, viewing the history of all orders and manually changing order settings. Customers automatically receive emails with order status updates.
Since the update, not a single order was lost in the system!
Huge website redesign
Our client’s designers prepared the concept of the new user interface and GoMage became the technical force behind all design changes and functionality customizations. Together, we improved the key pages and elements of the website:
- Home page
- Product category page
- Product page
- Primary filters
- Promo tiles for categories (free delivery, MeasureSure)
- Products grouping in categories (based on fabric and color)
- Configurable banners
- Improved customer experience
- Customers find the needed products among 800+ items with no problem
- Highlight of key product features
- Bigger product gallery to showcase items in all details
- Website admins can change banners without developers’ help
- Responsiveness across all screens and devices
Our cooperation continues
GoMage continues working with Make My Blinds and developing websites for the whole Mzuri Group. Taking the website developed for Make My Blinds as a basis, we create custom functionality and price rules specific to each region.
Clearwater, Florida, USA.
Project size: $1,000,000 to $9,999,999
- Free & non-binding project estimation.
- Over a decade in the development and design service.
- 1,025+ Completed Magento projects released projects.
- 98 In-house Magento specialists.
- Needs analysis instead of sales talk.
- Valuable suggestions from experts in your industry.