There are a lot of different technologies used to optimize Magento web stores. Let us review what SMM web store management is and what its basics in the internet industry and online commerce are.
Basic principles of SMM or social marketing are as follows:
- 1. Create an information flow (a blog, Google Plus, FaceBook, Twitter accounts).
- 2. Notice the users of this information flow (customers and potential customers).
- 3. Maintain the information flow (regularly add new data).
- 4. The data should contain the information about your company, your products, special offers, etc. This will enlarge the circle of users and attract attention of potential customers.
- 5. Profit from sales, visits volume, PR values.
The social marketing ideas
There are various approaches. Having thoroughly analyzed some of them we offer our readers the most effective and productive methods:
1. Use social networks (any network available - Google Plus, Twitter, Tmblr, FaceBook, etc.) to publish posts not only about your company or new products, but also to add the information that your readers would like to know. Put yourself on your customers’ and subscribers’ place and think of everything you would like to know about a web store you visit. You may even include some funny stories from your company’s daily work, the main thing is to attract people’s attention.
2. Constantly analyze the efficiency of the social network optimization compared to other advertising methods, e.g. the amount of clicks from search results, context ads or SEO. It is more convenient to do that once in a certain period of time, say 1 month or a week, although 7 days would not be enough for precise analysis of the SMM efficiency.
3. The frequency of your page or blog updating is very important. This means that you need to post new information as often as possible. Of course, you need to make sure that your information is interesting to customers and they will read it. There will not be any use if you create 20 posts per one day with the data that are not interesting to customers, they may simply wish to unsubscribe in that case. But creating one post a week is not a good solution either. The best variant would be creating one post per day. There may be exceptions, of course, depending on the situation, but generally this will be enough to maintain users interested in your store.
4. Do not try to make following in Twitter more times than the amount of your account’s subscribers is. Otherwise search engines will consider your site (blog or account) as an optimization tool and will lower your ratings.
5. Once you have created a community in the social network, show your subscribers that you value them. Take part is discussions and comments, put marks for the messages or images posted by the community members.
6. Use your community to resolve problems that may occur with your product or service. Discuss different variants of usage presenting live examples. Do not include abstract phrases describing your product (like from a booklet) – this is not interesting to people. Ask and answer, help people to find the easiest way out, even if it is not so profitable for you. This will gain you customers’ trust.
7. Motivate your readers, hold competitions and sales, offer discounts to your subscribers.
8. Keep all personal information to yourself. Personality is needed in a blog, but only on professional level. Stay behind the scene.
9. Remember that Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook and other services are not your strategy, these are only the tools to create your community. The most important is what you write in your posts.
10. Use Facebook account to learn more about your potential customers. Ask how they learned about you or your company, let them tell what attracted them to your product or store.
11. Enable social buttons ‘like’, ‘follow’, ‘share’ and include links to all your sites, emails and posts.
Following this strategy you will soon notice that your SMM web store marketing is giving good results, that your conversion and the amount of visits grow. If you would like to learn more details or have any questions, please visit our Magento forum http://magentoforum.com/ or address your question to GoMage specialists in comments to this article.
Also please check Magento modules which will help you to increase sales on your Magento store.